It is our mission to provide a stimulating Montessori environment which will promote a child’s love for learning and develop a high level of responsibility and freedom. We recognise the child’s own uniqueness and strive to help each child become the best they can be. We see ‘education as an aid to life’, and so we help the children themselves to acquire the skills necessary for the next level of schooling.
We are totally committed to the Montessori approach which offers a broad vision of education as an aid to life. It is designed to help children with their task of inner construction as they grow from childhood to maturity. It succeeds because it draws its principles from the natural development of the child.
• Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
• Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
• Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
• Promote a positive relationship with parents/carers and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
• Undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that High Elms Manor School continues to meet the needs of children and parents/carers.
• Promote an environment where no child is bullied or suffers discrimination in any form.
• Listening and responding to their views and concerns.
• Keeping them informed of our policies and procedures, including opening times, fees and charges, and programmes of activities.
• Sharing and discussing their child’s achievements, experiences, progress and friendships, along with any difficulties that may arise.
Welcome to High Elms Manor School. Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. We aim to give your child the best possible start to his or her future education and adult life. The children follow a carefully structured programme of education based on the Montessori method.
The Montessori approach offers a broad vision of education as an aid to life. It is designed to help children with their task of inner construction as they grow from childhood to maturity. It succeeds because it draws its principles from the natural development of the child... more >
High Elms Manor School will be holding a WORKING OPEN MORNING on Wednesday 22nd May 2019. There will be two tours; the first will start at 9.15 a.m. and the second one will be at 10.00 a.m. We are an independent Montessori accredited pre-school and day school for children from 2 to 11 years of age. As a small, family grouped school, children are encouraged to feel safe, secure and happy and learn using the Montessori materials. Pupils work at their own pace and are given the opportunities to develop to their maximum potential, to think for themselves and are encouraged to have a caring and responsible attitude towards each other. Our exam results are excellent and children go on to other outstanding schools.
Please telephone on 01923 681103 to book your tour to look around and meet our teachers and pupils or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
High Elms Manor School on High Elms Lane in Watford, Hertfordshire has gained accreditation under the Montessori Evaluation and Accreditation Board (MEAB) scheme...